Hello Integrity Family!
I know that many of you are concerned about the possibility of spread of the flu, the COVID19 virus and other prevalent illnesses. The implications of all that is going on relating to all this can be confusing. We have seen travel restrictions, adjustments in major sports schedules and operations, as well as financial market uncertainties. In our 21st century America, with all this going on, it’s extremely difficult for us to sort through all the data to decide what is truly useful information.
I want to remind you that we live in a nation that excels above all others when we feel our backs are against the wall. There is a lot to be said for our Founding Fathers’ intentionality in establishing our nation on Christ-based principles and values. The actions that we are taking nationally have already proven to be effective. While things are likely to get worse (concerning this virus situation) before they get better, they WILL get better.
Jesus and the Prophets spoke time and again that there would be increases in wars, famines, pestilences, etc. as Jesus’ return draws nearer. We are living in exciting times – which are also volatile times. It’s important that we grow in our FAITH, so that fear doesn’t overcome or override our FAITH. That’s not to say that it’s wrong to have fear – just that God’s will for you and I is that our FAITH overcomes that fear. At the end of the day, God’s power is greater than anything that causes us fear of any kind. So having said that, the most secure place to be is in a growing relationship with Jesus, in the assurance that your life here and your eternity are in HIS HANDS! More on that this coming Sunday as we wind up our series on ‘20/20 VISION’!
So, in a practical sense, what do we do in the day-today activity of our lives? I simply urge you to make a habit of the practices that are recommended by our local, regional and national health organizations. Please also take these precautions when coming to church on Sundays and for other church-related activities….
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with GOOD SOAP. Remember – 20 seconds as a minimum!
- Use hand sanitizers whenever possible. We have reliable hand sanitizer facilities in all of our bays. Please use them!
- Try to keep from touching your face and eyes.
- Choose to use alternative ways of greeting each other besides handshakes and hugs. (This is going to be really hard for me!!!! ???? )
- If you’re not feeling well, it would be best for you to stay at home. We will do all we can to make available to you the sermons as well as the full service on video. You can find our App in the App store and on Google Play, at Integrity Church – Burlington. Click on Sermon Podcasts to find our messages.
Perhaps most importantly, pray for those who have been affected by the flu and other viruses. Pray for our healthcare workers. Pray that God will kill these viruses and protect us from them. Pray also that God will give us all the wisdom to work together to care for each other as we should.
God bless! Hope to see you this weekend!